Over the last little while, have come across some very interesting articles and such which I want to post about – but simply don’t have the capacity to fully explore. So, I’d like to catch up by presenting a whole bunch of them in one post for your pleasure!
Interesting DIY inventions are coming out of China.
The mystery of the ‘Skeleton Lake’ (India) seems to be solved.
Were the Eastern Crusades defensive wars?
On the copyright/erosion-of-privacy/governments-spying-on-citizens/corporatism front:
- US Spy device ‘tested on NZ public’
- DOJ Wants To Be Able To Fine Tech Companies Who Don’t Let It Wiretap Your Communications
- 5 undercover police cars sent to arrest one alleged movie pirate
- Hollywood Studio Censor Pirate Bay Documentary
- Canadian Government and Police caught Pirating Movies, even as they plan a crackdown on citizens…
Meanwhile, in Science:
- Linux goes to the International Space Station
- Oslo needs your garbage
- Augmented Reality in a Conatct Lens
- Scientists create a quantum link between photons that don’t exist at the same time
- Relationships between Depression and High Intellectual Potential
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water
- Advanced biological computer developed
- The NASA D-Wave quantum computer may not be as awesome as I originally thought
- ‘Tea, Earl Gray, hot!’ (Almost!) 3-d food printers?
And in the economy:
- An excellent resource for studying The Koran: this site gives multiple translations of each verse, so the context can be grasped accurately
- An evening with Dr. Daniel Pipes
Political Islam/Creeping Sharia:
- AP Scrubs ‘Muslim’ from Obama’s Self-Referential Joke
- Palestinian student group: clean the world of Jews
- Australian University enforces Sharia blasphemy laws on student publication UPDATE: The ‘banned image’ is likely this one.
- Moderate Islam in Indoensia: women banned from dancing in public
- Tommy Robinson on Woolwich Islamist Terrorist attack (full video)
- How Muslims in Germany finance their practice of polygamy
- Lawrence Solomon: Why Russia is in Syria
- Swaziland bans high-flying witches (this is being driven by the civil aviation authority)
- A Marine gets locked up in a mental institution for criticizing the Obama regime
- Benghazi Scorecard (with the ‘mechanics’ of why the media was so quiet)
- Swedish authorities issue parking ticket to the cars burned out during the week of Islamist riots
And if you want more links to various articles to read, check out Steynian 468nth.