I’ve been tagged! Thanks, Robert.
”It’s simple. Just list all the jobs you’ve had in your life, in order. Don’t bust your brain: no durations or details are necessary, and feel free to omit anything that you feel might tend to incriminate you. I’m just curious. And when you’re done, tag another five bloggers you’re curious about.”
OK, these are in order – sort 0f – but many overlap, sometimes several at a time….
- looked after sheep (while in refugee camp in Austria)
- helped make dried flower wreaths in a florist shop (same as above)
- pet sitter/house sitter (during high-school/early university)
- clerk in a ladies clothing store (actually, this one was interesting because it was very close to the Parliament Hill – and I’d get to talk to a lot of interesting people who came to The Hill and strolled by during their breaks)
- flower shop – from answering the phone to making floral arrangements
- clerk in a gift-shop in a hotel within a sight of the Parliament Hill (again, interesting people to talk to)
- tutoring Math, Science, Physics and English
- summer jobs in various hi-tech companies: from writing code to writing up bids on contracts to more technical ‘stuff’
- Started my first company: clothing design (‘one-of’ pieces only, design captured my ‘impression’ of customer)
- Satellite testing
- Designing specialized data acquisition and management systems/high tech sales (job evolution)
- Started an import/export company in a specialized field
- Stay-at-home mom (the most challenging – and rewarding job of them all!)
- While stay-at-home mom, have stayed active professionally – from sitting on a BOD of a professional association to little contracts
- unpaid blogger
Yes, I know: I cannot stay in one field for very long, at least, not full time (though I keep the connections). I guess this proves my ADD! Not the focused career-path most people have… but, this is who I am!
Now, to tag five others (in no particular order):
- Blogging for a free world
- Breath of the Beast
- Free Canuckistan
- The Right Girl
- Blog of Walker
- Letters to a Dying Dream
Yeah, OK, so that is 6: rounding off error! But, I am curious…
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Update: Here is a link to ‘Stageleft’ – who started this meme and put together a nice little ‘catalogue’ of some of the Canadian bloggers who responded to this meme. Thanks, Balbulican!