Lately, my browser keeps crashing – because I have just way too many windows open.
But, I cannot possibly close them: each one is about something important that had happened that I really need to blog about… Except that – I am an exceptionally slow thinker and, as an Aspie, an even slower writer. Sometimes, it takes me hours just to squeeze out 2-3 hundred words about what is going on in the world….
But, if I close the windows with the stories in them, I know so much other blogging-worthy stuff will happen, I will never get back to them. So, until I deal with them, I need to keep the windows open!
Something has to give: even though I’d love to write a full post on each and every one of these stories, I simply cannot.
So, I have closed most of the windows (ack!!!) and will take this opportunity to bring just a few (hopefully somewhat) representative ones with just a brief comment on each:
- Calling all the feminists out there: a female blogger in Tuisia is under attack!
- Official Islamist misogyny is not limited to lone bloggers: in Morocco, a Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated PM refuses to talk to the representative of the Belgian government sent to negotiate with him – because she is female! (P.S. – Point de Bascule (Point of No Return) is fast becoming a must-read-daily site!!!)
- The Palestinian ‘conflict’ is a classic example of excellent disinformation. What I don’t understand is why are our media outlets going along with this transparent propaganda? Of course Israel’s reaction appears ‘unprovoked’ if every ‘provocation’ is hushed-up…
- While we are on the topic of Palestine….how can there ever be a solution when the Palestinian authorities kill their own people – for the crime of legally selling real-estate to Israeli Jews? Palestinial authorities have made it a priority to pass this law which makes selling houses to Jews a capital offense….but it is Israel who practices ‘apartheid’?!?!?
- Perhaps we have all come to expect this sort of stuff in the Middle East…and on the periphery of ‘big’ countries. But – what is happening in Russia is truly frightening: Putin in league with the Islamists? Is this a bit of a shotgun marriage? Putin’s amy – and secret police – will soon be majority-Islamist (if not so already), so perhaps it is not surprising that he is hitching his cart to that particular donkey…
- If you ever had any doubt about the role of genital mutilation in Islam, Translating Jihad sets the historical record straight: mutilated genitals are a necessity for all male Muslims and an honour for all female Muslims.
- The UK passed laws to make it illegal to – in ANY WAY – facilitate female genital mutilation. This is good – except that – how good is a law which is not enforced? VictimlessCriminal fills us in on the state of FGM in the UK:
OK – this one is not Islamic – it is tribal African, but it is an abuse of girls in an effort to make them ‘chaste’ by disfiguring them….breat ironing? Really? How can anyone do this to their child…..it makes my blood boil! It’s right up there with FGM…which is why I am including the video here.